My Day Jobs
1. Lone Mother to a 13 year old daughter. Thankfully been surviving alone for decades now and learnt to so much. Good news is it means I am pretty savvy now (as opposed to being knock -need and naive like I once was).
2. Founder of Lovedesh - a philanthropic organisation that changes the way the world sees and experiences 'Third World' nations and those regions in conflict. Through food, design and travel products.
3. Chair, Amcariza Foundation - British charity run entirely by us volunteers introducing an alternative to micro-finance - FFABB (Find And Fund A Body/Business) - seed grants where the circle of giving dishes out grants that kickstart sustainable careers. Without interest and in keeping it dignified, empowering - for both the beneficiary and the donor.
4. MsYiY podcast. More info is at www.msyiy.com
The concept is - where I tweet/blog/podcast/YouTube my musings. I happily share, pontificate, debate the challenges and experiences as a mother, a woman, who is inspired by Islam, is a born and bred Londoner. with Bangaldesh heritage. And is a social entrepreneur.
6. Interim Executive Assistant to CEO's and VPs - often do ad-hoc slots to help fund my dreams above and to learn from the top captains of industry. My Linked In profile is here
7. Volunteer Estate Director in Bangladesh - in 2012 I found my entire late father's estate in Bangladesh mismanaged. It had been designed to support philanthropy projects. Neglected, running wild and then - I also spotted fraud. I instantly sacked the entire staff and realised that nobody else in my family would help. So I stepped in to volunteer. And by working on the estate both in the City and in the remote village, I mentor and train impoverished and unemployed men and women in remote villages from my base in SW London.
None of the estate is in my name. Nor do I profit or take any salary. Nor derive any benefit. I do use it to run trials for Amcariza Foundation.
I also loathe greedy, evil and nasty people and brands/companies. Which is why you can merrily expect to find me either on this website or via the podcast, standing up to them.